Tuesday, December 4, 2007

More scarves

Just after I arrived in Houston my blog-pal Mike, who is an amazing photographer, sent me one of his beautiful photos, hand-picked (by moi!) and framed and all, to brighten my day at the office. I felt like returning his generosity, so I knit a scarf for him to make the Ohio winter a bit more bearable:


This was my first time knitting the "mistake ribbing" as the ladies in my Friday night knitting gang call it (basic ribbing that's consistently offset by one on one side). It's an amazing effect for little effort :) When I make one of those again I'll make sure to cast on an even # of stitches (for a 1x1 rib) and not odd as I did this time.

Yarn used: 2 skeins Paton Classic Wool in brown and 3 skeins Paton SWS (Soy Wool Stripes) in ... forgot. The yarn is held double the entire time, with one strand from the Classic Wool and another from the SWS. I think I knit this on 6.5 mm needles.

And now there's nothing left for me to do but hope that Mike enjoys it!

1 comment:

Alisha Rene' said...

First of all, that's a cool looking scarf. Second, YOU ARE A KNITTING MACHINE!!!!! Still working on my second elf hat and you're spitting these things out like a mad woman, HEHEHEHEHEHE.